The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin was Beatrix Potter’s second book and was written in 1903. The story is about an impertinent red squirrel named Nutkin and his narrow escape from an owl called Old Mr Brown. The tale had its origins in a story and picture letter Potter sent to Norah Moore, the daughter of Beatrix’s former governess Annie Moore.
The Beswick figurine was first produced in 1963 and continued until 1999. It was modelled by Albert Hallam. Models with the back-stamps BP-2, BP-3a have a Brown Owl and Red Squirrel. Back-stamp BP-3b can have either a Brown Owl and Red Squirrel or an Orange Owl and Red Squirrel. Back-stamps BP-3c and BP-10a have an Orange Owl and Red Squirrel.
Deals on Ebay
Click on item with no obligation to buy:
- Current Price: $33.99
- Ends: Oct 31, 2018 9:32:18 GMT
- Current Price: $29.99
- Ends: Oct 31, 2018 11:46:12 GMT
- Current Price: AUD $95.00
- Ends: Nov 5, 2018 8:13:17 GMT
- Current Price: AUD $49.95
- Ends: Oct 28, 2018 20:58:44 GMT
- Current Price: AUD $60.00
- Ends: Nov 8, 2018 21:02:59 GMT